Search This Blog

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dotted in Red, Splattered with Blue

The Blue Jay did whisper in the forest that night,
The Cardinal is happy to have avoided a fight.
I still wonder how the Cardinal can sing in the day
When during the night he is always in fray.
Dotted in red, splattered with blue,
I always know I'll be better than you.
The Jay didn't stumble, he couldn't fall,
For he knew that he was the best of them all.
But the poor, poor Cardinal, Bested at best,
flew till the sunrise became his new nest.
The now red spangled cardinal, away he flew,
But he knew in his heart that red always beat blue.
Dotted in red, splattered with blue,
I always know I'll be better than you.
This is the tale 'bout the fowl clothed in red,
And the whispers of crimson held in his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment