Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Saying of the Week

From now on I will do my best to produce several inspirational or strong minded quotes each week.
My first set...
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.
--Thomas Jefferson
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
--Anonymous
Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
--Thomas Jefferson
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. 
--Nelson Mandela
Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.
--John Maxwell
Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.--Gordon B. Hinckley

That's it for this week.  I am excited to spout some more wisdom that I myself will probably never follow.
--Eli

3 comments:

  1. That Nelson Mandela quote gives me an Alice in Wonderland sort of feel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver, or purple, or orange, or pink. Sometimes I have even seen camouflage duct tape... But that is getting off the topic. I really enjoy the comment by Jefferson (idle), it is very cool. One of my favorite quotes is:

    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Woody Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  3. *thumbs up* It would be woody! : )

    ReplyDelete